Callie's Fertility Picks

December 29, 2013

Update Part 1

Since it has been so long since the last time I updated, I am going to break this up into two different parts. This part will cover the rest of my pregnancy and the second part will start when I had her. 

We had our Baby Shower in October and did a pink camo theme. Everything from plates, cups, napkins and cake was pink camo. My best friend and my mother planned the whole thing and worked really hard to make sure that it was perfect. There was just one small thing that went wrong. The Homecoming Parade for our local high school was the same night as the shower, but we didn't find out about it until after the invites had been sent out and it was too late to change the date. There were a few people that couldn't make it because of the parade and a few people that ended up walking quite a bit to get there. All in all, everything still turned out great. We had an awesome time and got tons of stuff for our girl. 

Once her movements became strong enough for my hubby to feel is when things finally felt a little more real to me. Finally, I wasn't the only one that could tell she was in there. I never started really showing until the very end of my pregnancy, so her movements is what made all the difference. He would fall asleep with his hand on my stomach and would talk to her all the time. We would entertain ourselves by just laying and watching her move in my stomach. After trying for so long, it still seemed so unreal that we were really having a baby.

We had several ultrasounds done because they were a little worried about her weight and we paid for a 4D ultrasound too. With the 4D we not only got a cd with tons of pictures, but they did videos of her moving to. We could tell already that she was going to look like her daddy. She was constantly trying to suck and we even have a few pictures of her trying to get her umbilical cord in her mouth. The first ultrasound we had done because they said she was measuring small, put her between the 16th and 17th percentile. If they get under the 10th percentile, they usually go ahead and take the baby early. At 37 weeks she was only measuring 34 weeks. The second ultrasound we had done, she had dropped to 10.7. So she was just over the 10th percentile. Luckily, this was just before we were going to induce. 

In November we did Maternity pictures. They were taken at a farm and vineyard that is about an hour away from our house. Staying with our country theme, we took pictures in a field, a covered bridge and on a swing. I think they are the most amazing pictures that I have ever taken. They turned out beautiful and I seriously can't wait to have the newborn pictures done.

We were originally scheduled to induce on December 10, but they ended up rescheduling me twice before I finally got to go to the hospital. I think that was the hardest time of the entire pregnancy. All I did was sit and wait by the phone for days to see if they were going to call to tell me to come in for my induction, and it made me that much more anxious every time they called to tell me it was rescheduled. On December 15 they called at 5:00 p.m. to tell me to be there by 7:30 p.m. to start the induction. I live two hours away, so I had thirty minutes to get ready and get on the road. I was in complete panic mode because my husband had gone hunting and I couldn't get a hold of him to tell him to get home. I was afraid that we had planned all this out so that he could be at the hospital when she was born, instead of in Ohio at work, and he was going to be late getting there. He walked through the door with fifteen minutes left before we had to leave. We got on the road at 5:30 p.m. and got stopped by a train and stuck behind vehicles going 25 below the speed limit. I was so afraid that we were going to be late getting there. Thankfully, with the way my hubby drives, we made it just in time.


No comments:

Post a Comment